Monday, September 16, 2013

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I based this recipe off of my previous post (Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins). I learned to put a small box of instant pudding into a bake mix from my Daddy! He makes wonderfully moist cakes and swears that this is the secret. Adding the applesauce and eggs give this recipe a dense texture so they don't just taste like a chocolate chip cupcake. I used just a small cup of lite applesauce for this recipe. I'm sure most people have all of these ingredients in their pantries; that makes this recipe even easier! 









Ingredients:

1 box yellow or butter cake mix
1 small box of vanilla instant pudding (I used sugar free)
 3 eggs
 1/4 cup of Wesson Best Blend oil (my favorite for baking)
 3/4 cup of water
 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
1 snack size cup of applesauce
 1 cup of chocolate chips


Directions:

1.) Mix all your dry ingredients (cake mix, pudding mix). 
2.) Add water and oil. Lightly beat 3 eggs and add them as well; be sure not to over-beat them! 
3.) Add applesauce and vanilla extract. 
4.) Add chocolate chips. 
5.) Either pour batter into a loaf pan or muffin cups. Be sure to either use cupcake papers or grease the pan if you choose to make this into muffins. 
6.) Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-27 minutes. 



These won't last long!



No comments:

Post a Comment